Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wild Flowers and prickly pears

The wild flowers are in full force! This spring I have discovered an obsession/ passion for flowers. I have been reading book after book on any flower you can imagine! Every Thursday when I get off work at 2 I had to the flea market and buy new flowers. I try to just get a little each time. I after mannnyyyy trips, I have finally run out of flower beds and pots! Now what? Make more beds! :) oh I also have bought 2 new 15 gallon crepe mertyls!
The prickly pear cactus are also in full bloom!! It amazes my mind that such an ugly painful and annoying plant can make such a pretty flower and so many of them! This year I may try to make a prickly pear jam!





Did you know there is a wild flower perennial version of verbenas? Yup this is it!






The plant this grows on is so ugly, but such a neat flower!






Now these are everyyyyy where!! But the bad storms earlier this week broke away a lot of the petals :(







An orangey pink yellow prickly pear flower




















Kel- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:County Road 223,Stephenville,United States

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have this passion! And I love that you & I can share it with mom too. I love the nature pics too. I want to taste some of the prickly pear jam asap!

    ReplyDelete